- Born and raised in Elgin, Oregon
- Graduated high school in 1993 and Eastern Oregon University in 1998
- Taught for two years in Pilot Rock and the past 15 years in Vale.
- Am the proud mother of an adorable four year old son, JohnE
- My hobbies include: Team-Roping, Rodeos, Walking, Jogging, Reading, Shopping, Spending time with friends/family, Drinking Granitas
- Students come willing to learn, but also have fun.
- Respect others and self.
- Come to class on time and prepared.
- No inappropriate language or comments.
- Have a sense of VMS pride!
- Bring Step-Up-To-Writing Folder and Planner daily.
- Bring highlighters, pens, pencils, papers daily.
8th graders will have a speech unit and will present a minimum of five times to the class.
Helping your child at home:
- Help them study vocabulary words.
- Have them read their essays to you. Reading them out-loud is a great editing method/tool.
- Show interest in their school work and accomplishments.
- Nightly journaling. Writing at least something helps to improve their academic writing as well.
WRITE WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY!
THE GREATEST DISABILITY IS A BAD ATTITUDE! Scott Hamilton